tentacles -- file transfer tentacle fix set
|Reported by:||Fred T. Hamster||Owned by:||bugdock|
|Keywords:||tentacle, file transfer||Cc:|
- file transfer tentacle should use outcomes: it should not be using simple bools in there!
- bad limitation: 2 gig transfers:
- tried transferring a huge file at home, 8 gigs.
- stopped before even trying, since the file size is measured in int.
- we need to use the larger number size to handle these!
- resume not implem in file tran
- is it the case that resuming was ever implemented?
- like how does it decide whether to keep going on a file or start over on it?
- what if the file is corrupt?
- preserve dates in transfer
- file transfer tentacle and the other thing should keep the date of the file and retag it at that date. then they will seem like the same file.
- see bundler for code for this.
- add ongoing status support
- there should be a percentage done for size and a percentage done for file count.
- these could be checked periodically to show the download state.
- dont forget outcome of transfer: the outcome field of the stupid infoton needs to record the result.
- make transfer show times: it would be nice to see a list of names, where the incomplete one shows a percentage that keeps getting updated.
- maybe transfer should be auto prompted
- wouldn't it be better if the next thing after a tree response was that the client side put out an infoton that started the transfer? then it's more automatic.
- we would lose the control over it of being able to decide not to do it, but we would make the use of this interface a lot simpler.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.