fix rendezvous class semantics
|Reported by:||Fred T. Hamster||Owned by:||bugdock|
|Keywords:||rendezvous, locking, file lock||Cc:|
- the rendezvous on linux still uses that hateful file for the lock. that needs to be re-addressed or redressed or dressed up in lace or whatever to fix it.
- the shared memory chunks don't automatically get cleaned up, especially if ctrl break is hit. this is bad.
- it means the program never gets it right ever again. what we need to do is figure out how to make this stuff right.
- we can't do a simple file, since those get left behind and the non-existence of the file can trigger thinking the app is gone.
- it's silly that there's no sync capability like this. crap.
- but at least get rid of the approach of using shm_open. that just doesn't work right and the files can't even be cleaned up.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.